This recipe was circulating around the internet ages ago, I’m not even sure if it involved peanut butter or almond butter originally. Either way this cookie recipe is so easy. My only complaint is the price of almond butter can be quite steep. This is a one bowl, quick recipe, gluten free, and perfect for Passover! I recommend sprinkling some sea salt on top for the sweet and salty moment. I recommend using mini chocolate chips for these cookies because it makes it easier, but you can use regular sized chocolate chips, you may just need to help each cookie stick together by forming the cookies by hand.
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the almond butter with the brown sugar until smooth.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add in the baking soda and mini chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Using a small scoop or teaspoon, scoop batter onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each cookie with sea salt.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes until the edges begin to lightly brown
- The cookies will be soft when coming out of the oven, so allow them to cool completely before transferring.
More Passover Dessert Recipes:
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Double Chocolate Nut Cookies
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies