It’s that time of year again, Passover! A time I used to dread as a kid. I always thought I would starve without pizza, pasta, and bagels. But I’ve matured in my old age and realized that a week without flour is not so bad. I can handle it! Especially since I’ve started developing Passover dessert recipes that actually taste delicious! The recipes I posted last year for Passover: double chocolate nut cookies, and chocolate chip cookies were such a hit, I was eager to develop another recipe for this year.
These muffins taste great, nobody will guess that they are Kosher for Passover. I can’t wait to enjoy these every morning with my coffee. It will be a nice alternative to sponge cake! Here is the non-dairy, Kosher for Passover recipe; enjoy!
- 1 stick margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup matzah cake meal
- ½ cup potato starch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 18-24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In the bowl of a standing electric mixer, beat melted margarine with the sugar and eggs until pale yellow in color.
- Add the bananas and mix until broken down and mashed.
- Add the vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients: cake meal, potato starch, baking soda, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir by hand so the chips don't break up.
- Fill each muffin cup ¾ of the way and bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes until light brown and the tops springs back to the touch or a toothpick comes out clean (avoiding the chocolate chips, they will be melted).