I’m so glad that I am finally sharing this recipe! I have been meaning to post this recipe for ages but every time I made these delicious gems, I didn’t get a chance to photograph them; until now! These peanut butter and chocolate treats are so easy to make. They don’t even require an oven!
These peanut butter cups get their crunch from crushed up graham crackers. I like to sprinkle some graham cracker crumbs on top of each cup to make them look a little more special. I also like using these brown mini cupcake liners to make them look more official, but you can use any kind you like! I ordered these cupcake liners from Bakers Stock. They are a great source for bulk orders of greaseproof white and brown cupcake liners.
To make these easy and non dairy delights, first prepare the crispy peanut butter filling and shape into round balls. Line your mini muffin tins with mini cupcake liners. Melt your chocolate and spoon into each cup. Place one peanut butter ball in each and gently press down. Cover each peanut butter ball with more melted chocolate. Tap the whole tray on the counter to even everything out. Then sprinkle some graham cracker crumbs on top! I like to freeze the whole tray to help the chocolate set up quickly.
This recipe makes about 3 dozen mini peanut butter bites. You can definitely halve the recipe if you like, but these freeze perfectly! Since you are doing all the work anyway, just make the whole recipe and freeze them until you are ready to eat them. They are also make great gifts! Enjoy this dairy-free, no-bake treat! The recipe is adapted from my sister in law, Lee-Ron, and The Brown Eyed Baker.
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup margarine
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1¼ cup confectioners sugar
- 2 graham crackers, crushed
- 4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup vegetable shortening
- Line 3 dozen mini muffin tins with mini muffin liners.
- Crush the graham crackers in mini food processor.
- In a small pot over low heat, warm the peanut butter, margarine, and brown sugar until smooth and melted.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the confectioners sugar a little bit at a time. The mixture will be thick.
- Reserve 2 Tbs. crushed graham crackers in a small bowl (will be used as a topping) and stir the remaining graham crackers into the peanut butter mixture.
- Using a small cookie scoop, divide peanut butter mixture into 3 dozen balls.
- Roll each peanut butter scoop into a ball and set aside.
- In a double boiler (a bowl set atop a pot that is filled with an inch of water on low heat) melt the chocolate chips with the vegetable shortening and stir until smooth.
- Using a small cookie scoop, spoon one scoop of melted chocolate into each muffin cup.
- Place one peanut butter ball into each chocolate filled muffin cup.
- Use the cookie scoop to spoon one more scoop of chocolate on top of each peanut butter ball.
- Gently tap the muffin tin on the counter to smooth everything out.
- Sprinkle a little bit of the reserved graham cracker crumbs onto each peanut butter cup.
- Freeze until firm.
Here are some more fun mini recipes that I think you would love to try!